Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP stream 7
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My touch screen is working in bios but as soon as I go to windows, none of my drivers are working. I tried installing from hp website and it said devcon.exe failed. In the hp support assistant app, it says no updates available. This is not hardware because the touch screen is working in bios

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello! I recently was able to fix my HP Stream 7 after two years of leaving it untouched since it was broken. Now, I have a new problem I am facing with this tablet and that is that I cannot install this touchscreen driver known as "Goodix Touch Controller Driver".  When I got through the agree page and all that, now it is the installaion bit. Note that the touch screen works in bios mode. 

But everytime I try to install the drivers, all I find is this from a command pop-up:

c:\swsetup\SP72185>echo off

Start install GoodixTouchDriver...

Initialize the enviroment

The system cannot find the file specified.

Could Not Find c:\windows\inf\gt9*.bin

.\GT*.bin

0 file(s) copied.

copy Touchsetting.gt to c:\windows\inf

1 file(s) copied.

Scanning for new hardware.

Scanning completed.

Updating drivers for ACPI\GDIX1001 from c:\swsetup\SP72185\package\GoodixTouchDriver.inf.

devcon.exe failed.

GoodixTouchDriver installation failed !

Press any key to continue...

Any solutions for this? Let me know on why it is happening.

Cheers.

HP Recommended

@Kayaan Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the touchscreen is not working.

I have a few steps that should resolve your concern:  

I recommend checking if the Touch is working on BIOS (Accessed by tapping on F10 while restarting the computer). 

If it works on bios, it's a software issue, update the drivers from the HP Website, if the issue persists: please reinstall windows using the recovery partition or the recovery media to fix the issue 

Attempt to run a test using the HP hardware diagnostic tool

If it doesn't work on BIOS or the diagnostics tool either,  

it's a hardware failure and you may need to Contact HP to set up a hardware repair service. 

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for your help. Touch screen works in BIOS. I’ve done a clean install of windows 3 times with no success on the touch screen. Installing the driver from hp site results in an error. Devcon.exe not found. Please advise

HP Recommended

@Kayaan

I understand your concerns.

In that case, I would suggets you conatct our phone support and check for the support option. They will help you.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

We are experiencing longer than expected wait times to reach an agent due to the CoViD-19 impact and there might have been issues in you getting the expected resolution on the issue. 

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.