Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre Folio - 13-ak0013dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

My touchscreen no longer works. I have tried Enabling/Disabling/Uninstalling the HID Compliant Touch Screen options from Device Manager (I do not have a Power Management tab). When running touchscreen test with the HP UEFI Hardware Diagnostics (F2 startup option), nothing happens when touching the screen (same when trying to Calibrate from inside Windows). I have tried installing both Windows 10 and Windows 11. I have newest Bios (F.50). I have also done a Factory Reset utilizing the HP Cloud Recovery Tool from Window Store. I have tried rolling back Bios to an earlier version, with no success (this appears to be a global issue with all HP users trying to rollback Bios, with the "Signature file" missing or not found even though downloading the files directly from HP.

Does this mean hardware issue somehow? Display works fine otherwise.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @misfjhsgiarb

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I see that you are facing touchscreen-related issues with your HP Spectre Folio - 13-Ak0013dx. We want to help you with it. 

I have sent you a private message with further instructions to get this issue sorted in order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Thanks!

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

I am not convinced that it is a hardware issue quite yet, until I am able to rollback to my original factory BIOS (which I am unable to do). This issue originally started after updating BIOS drivers ahead of a Windows 11 install. Is there a way to rollback drivers without receiving the 'Unable to find Signature file' error? The signature file provided from the HP website in the BIOS download files is not compatible. My hard drive has been formatted, including all partitions.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.