cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 1
2 1 1 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

Touchpad doesn't work and cursor disappeared

HP Recommended
15-da0039nk
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I woke up today and turned on my hp laptop to find out that the cursor isn't showing, and the touchpad isn't working.

I rushed to google hoping to find something to help and I stumbled upon a video in which the man says to uninstall and reinstall the touchpad drivers (Synaptics Touchpad in my case) and so I did it, I ended up uninstalling the drivers and the Synaptics software. And now I can't download both of them, the drivers downloaded from the hp website don't work, and when I try to install the software from the Microsoft Store an error occurs (Code: 0x803FB005) and I couldn't find it anywhere on the web. then I tried a system restore knowing that I had done one the day before because I like to do system restores when I do things on my computer I don't really know why, the driver isn't there, but the app is, but I can't open it, so I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it gave me the same error code I believe.

After that, I did a whole system reset, and that didn't work either, I still have no touchpad drivers and whenever I launch the app this message pops up, so now I'm left with no touchpad driver unable to download them, and so touchpad software too. 

I really hope I demonstrated my problem clearly to you guys and I really hope I can get some of your help.
Thank you in advance and sorry for my bad English.

I am also able to use an external mouse, it was what I used to post this magnificent screenshot.

Thanks again! really looking forward to your helpScreenshot 2020-10-13 224536.pngScreenshot 2020-10-13 223550.png

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
2 1 1 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks everyone for your replies, the problem is fixed

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation