Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible 15-bl1XX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP Spectre x360 Convertible 15-bl1XX and I had touchpad drivers installed that allowed me to use gestures. Since the latest windows 10 update (mid Jan 2019) my touchpad completely stopped working and I had to use a USB mouse. I then had to uninstall my touchpad drivers completely in order for my touchpad just to work. 

How can I install and enable gestures? I need to have gestures in order for my laptop to be productive, such as pinch to zoom, two finger tap, two finger scroll, etc.

Any help would be appreciated. I was using the precision synaptics driver before and now no drivers work with my touchpad even the Synaptics TouchPad Driver (Windows 10 v1803)19.5.10.75 Rev.C which I downloaded directly from HP! doesn't work and causes my laptops touchpad to not function at all?

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

I had exactly the same problem with my HP Spectre 13-ae015nd. 

The way I got it working just a bit was the following. 

Windows + X --> Device Manager --> Mice and other Pointing Devices --> Synaptics SMBus Clickpad --> Uninstall device. 

Make sure that the delete drivers options is checked. After that do a re-boot. 

I then installed the windows precision driver, just follow:

https://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/66163/how-to-install-precision-touchpad-drivers-on-windows-10/

As I wrote, I got it working a bit i.e. overall responsiveness of the touchpad is worse than before. It's twitchy, has some weird accelaration going on and not all gestures work. Normal taps don't register in around 40% of the time. 4 finger gestures don't work at all, tapping of three fingers brings up the windows search? Haven't found any solution how to solve that so completely switched it off in the additional options of the mouse -> Synaptics Tab --> Clickpad Settings.

Hope this works for you. Anyway, I got it working for now but am very unhappy about the general feel my HP Spectre gives me. Scheduled a HP repair for unaligned hinges anyway but am thinking about a refund if they won't solve this quickly. This is just poor for a high end machine like the Spectre. 

HP please address this quickly!

HP Recommended

I also had the same problem with my bl1xx, and I eventually got my mouse to work by uninstalling the drivers and restarting my computer. But now, I too, no longer have gestures working. A fix needs to be released for this.

HP Recommended

I have exactly the same problem with an HP Spectre x360 15-bl1XX.

I updated from Windows 10 1803 to 1809 and the touchpad does not work at all. If I deinstall the Synaptics driver it works, but the gestures do not work. Please help!

HP Recommended

Hello,

I am using the x360 13 inch model for a week now.

Unfortunately I have very similar issue. It is far less of a problem currently, because my gestures do come back after reboot, but it is hit&miss situation - out of 5 boots sometimes I have gestures 5 times and sometimes 3 out of 5 there are no gestures.

Haven't deleted/reinstalled the driver due to the concern that I would loose the gestures in general and this is something which will make the use of the ultrabook almost unbearable for me.

Let's hope that there will be a solution soon 🙂

HP Recommended

Finally, after hours of searching I found a work around. See this link: https://www.reddit.com/r/spectrex360/comments/aermtt/anyone_else_having_touchpad_problems_after_late...

Very annoying and incomprehensible that a leading concern like HP is not able to solve that problem. It's a shame. I expect more competence and professional support for a brand new notbook I paid more than USD 2000.

HP Recommended

This doesn’t seem to be an acceptable solution, anyone have another idea?

HP Recommended

Hi,

I had the same issue on a new HP spectre x360 with windows 10. While updating several drivers and software updates typical of a new pc, the touchpad stopped accepting gestures. I believe the problem is with the latest (1/2019) Synaptics HID Touchpad Driver. In device manager, I was able to 'roll back' to the previous driver (Synaptics, 12/20/2018, ver. 19.5.35.22). Using this driver, the touchpad was again able to recognize gestures.  

HP Recommended

Actually so far this has  solved the problem with missing gestures sometimes and having them the rest of the time when the laptop starts! 

Thanks Cameron303! You are awesome! 

HP Recommended

You're welcome. After using the laptop for a few months with the rolled back driver, I noticed that in perhaps 1 out of 10 boot-ups the computer will not accept gestures. Its better than nothing-  hopefully there will be a better driver released soon. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.