Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion dv6
Microsoft Windows 8 (32-bit)
Please, my hp pavilion dv6 touchpad will stot working immediately i login. The touchpad indicator will be on before login but immediately i login it will turn off and the cursor will not move again. Have tried pressing the touchpad on/off key but it's not responding atall. Pls someone should help.
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Eclint

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand the touchpad doesn't work after logging into windows,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824 

(Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).

When was the last time it worked without these issues?

Does an alternate/external mouse work after logging into the windows?

While you respond to that, I have a few steps that should help resolve this issue: 

• Go to your device manager (Right click Computer, click Manage, select device manager) 

• Right-click the device name in the list that corresponds to your keyboard 

• Click update software driver, click browse computer for drivers 

• Click search from a list of existing drivers 

• Uncheck show compatible hardware 

• Select Microsoft on the left side 

• Select Microsoft Basic Mouse.  

• Click next and install the driver.  

• Then restart your computer in normal mode, and if the keyboard and mouse work, reinstall the drivers from the manufacturer website. 

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.