Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY All-in-One - 27-p014
Other

HP ENVY All-in-One - 27-p014 OS 

the touchscreen began clicking repeatedly at the top of screen. cant do anything until disabling the touchscreen so we can actually operate the computer. warranty ran out sunday so wondering if it could be a harware issue, i factory reseted it and it began doing it right away.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Cydahl

Thank you for showing your interest in the HP Forums,
I’d like to help 🙂

As I understand the touchscreen has been malfunctioning and you've disabled the same to continue using your computer,

I recommend checking if the Touch is working on BIOS (Accessed by tapping on F10 while restarting the computer).

If it works on bios, it's a software issue: please reinstall windows using a recovery media (if you haven't already),

If it doesn't work on BIOS either, it's a hardware failure and requires a hardware service,

Let me know how that works,

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Cant do that after restarting instantly goes crazy. at times very hard to even log into computer, or navigate until touchscreen is disabled 

HP Recommended

@Cydahl

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate the reply, however, the steps I'm referring to appears way before logging into the computer,

Maybe you can try these steps:

Shut the computer down

As soon as you push the power button in, start Tapping on the F10 key (repeatedly until you see a different screen)

Once you're on the BIOS utility screen, use the touchscreen to select different tabs,
And let me know if you are able to highlight anything on that screen using the touchscreen.

Awaiting your reply,

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes, I had Done this but once that menu pops up, the touchscreen is instantly goes into randomaly clicking around screen, mainly the top on the screen, not even seconds after menu is opened i am  out of that menu. which leaves it extremely difficult to log in after being booted out of the F10 menu 

HP Recommended

@Cydahl

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate you attempting that again and if that's the case,
it's definitely a hardware failure.

You will need to contact HP to set up a hardware service.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,
It's been a pleasure interacting with your and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.
And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.
Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am experiencing the same problem.  I am leaning toward concluding the problem is hardware related as it also exists in Bios and not just in the Windows environment.  If that's so then I am definitely recommending anyone who is interested in the product to avoid it and save their money.  I am very disappointed that the hardware wore out so quickly.  I have a Dell Inspiron with the first generation dual core processor and it is still running strong.  I actually had to revert to using it until I could find a work around.  I had eventually hook up an external monitor, mouse and keyboard and keeping the clam shell open just enough where it wouldn't go into sleep mode.  from there the built in monitor was disabled and I could go to settings and disable the driver for the touch screen.  But it is frustrating because one of the reasons it was purchased was for the touch screen capabilities.   Maybe I should have gone with Dell. 

HP Recommended

Hi @arinrobinson

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.