Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 13' ac050ca
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Has anyone noticed the long palm rejection delay of the touchscreen after using the pen? For me it takes about 2 seconds of withdrawing the pen for the computer to respond to touchscreen input. It is very disruptive while taking notes since I have to switch quickly between writing and scrolling the page. I'm hoping this is a defect or a software issue but the HP FAQ says this:

"If your system supports palm rejection technology, when the active stylus is in use, the touch screen does not respond to input from your hand. Wait approximately 1.5 seconds between using the stylus and using your finger."

If this is functioning as intended, I will need to return the laptop. Is there a way to reduce this delay (ie reg edit)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey Toastedbread,

There isn't any way currently to change the settings for the palm detection feature.  Sorry for the bad news.  Thanks for the feedback on this however.

-wes

I am an HP employee.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hey Toastedbread,

There isn't any way currently to change the settings for the palm detection feature.  Sorry for the bad news.  Thanks for the feedback on this however.

-wes

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Hello Customer,

please use the link below for touchscreen issue 

http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03488148

Regards,

I'm an HP Employee.The opinions expressed here are my personal opinions, not of HP.
Click on Thumbs up if my post helped you.Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking an answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

Regards,
Vijay
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply. Do you know if there is a registry key I can edit to adjust this delay?  I tried the Microsoft touch prediction tweak but it did not change anything.

HP Recommended

Hi ,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

You may find the solution in the below link. Please visit

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Spectre-13-ac000-x360-Convertible-PC/14039877/model/15747480

Thanks,

TD

****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Hey ToastedBread,

If there is a setting then I'm not aware of it. 

-wes

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

One last bit of info.  This pen/software is n-trig based (recently purchased by Microsoft).

-wes

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Thank you for your help. It's a shame that there is no way to adjust this. If any HP engineers are listening, this would greatly improve pen usability for students and artists. Thankfully I'm still within the return window. All the best!

HP Recommended

Same problem here! Very annoying and a deal breaker, I have used over 10 different Ntrig powered devices and have never experienced this issue. I am returning this computer solely because of this issue.

HP Recommended

Hi all, as explained by AusKW here

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Spectre-x360-13-inch-touch-delay-afte...

HP did fix the issue for the 15 inch but not the 13 inch, after validating that, they decided to refund; good move HP!
We should do the same.

My best,

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.