Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-ec0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am able to connect my first monitor thru HDMI port and this working perfectly. I am trying to connect second monitor thru USB-C Port using Type-C adapter but not able to connect the second monitor. One thing I noticed that the USB port in the adaptor is working & able to connect my keyboard or mouse thru the USB port. The same adaptor is working perfectly to connect the monitor in my other Dell laptop. 

I have gone thru some of the blogs, I see mixed reviews/comments (Will work or will not work). Could you pls help me to fix this issue. 

Note: This is a Gaming laptop.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@fortnite10 

What EXACTLY is your HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-ec0xxx ? For example

HP Pavilion Gaming - 15-ec0102ax

Which has  1 USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C™ (Data Transfer Only, 5 Gb/s signaling rate) port. This port won't support video out even with a hub.

Your machine should have same port, therefore you can't connect it to a monitor.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks for confirming. Can you help me what other options to connect to more than 1 monitor (want to connect 3 monitors).

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.