Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
5CD0357Y2Q
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When ever I turn on my webcam my image is pretty grainy. See attached screenshot. Can you please help me?

grainy-webcam-image.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello
it may be hardware, poor performance webcam design ..
you have some links but i'm not sure it will help
Try to check, in the software options the available parameters, but in general you can not change much

Webcam Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 😎

Testing a Webcam Using YouCam (Windows 10, 8, 7)

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-15-e1000-laptop-pc-series/32612084/model/37999611?sku=1N7V5E...

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended
What should I do next?
HP Recommended

IF there is no function possible to adjust this, nothing.
Have you found how to change some settings at least?
Otherwise it's like I said, the webcam model that's like this ..
apart from replacing it, nothing to do

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

The thing is that this is a new laptop which I purchased before christmas. So surely there must be some remedy to the problem.

HP Recommended

I unfortunately answered your answer
I don't have the configuration in front of me, I don't have the options available.
I gave you directions, I asked you if you had figured out how to change the settings, you didn't answer me.
So no matter if the computer has been purchased recently, if there is no possibility to change the settings, the only option is to change the hardware.
Open the windows camera app then settings
under videos
video quality
what do you have as an option?

Capture d’écran 2021-03-13 165120.png

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.