Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Elitebook 745 G6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi folks,

Have an issue with my 2nd hand USB-C dock G4. I purchased it without the original USB-C cable and now I'm struggling to connect my Elitebook 745 G6. Using a USB 3.1 (2nd gen) male to male cable my elitebook is recognizing the external monitors (dell P2213f) but the monitor gives the no-input message. I've updated tot the latest firmware but without result. Previous owner was using a Thunderbolt 3 cable to connect the dock to a laptop. 

Can somebody confirm this is the only solution to get this G4 dock to work and be properly connected to my Elitebook 745 G6? I can't find in any forum online what is the correct replacement if you lose the original USB-C cable to connect the dock to your laptop. 

Thanks in advance for answering:) 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi guys,

Turned out my dock was faulty. Had it replaced and now it's running without a problem using a USB-C 3.1 male to male cable. No need to be Thunderbolt! 
Kind regards,
J

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi guys,
Today I connect the G4 dock with a thunderbolt cable to my Elitebook 745 G6, unfortunately same result as with USB 3.1 2nd gen cable: Laptop detects the screens (and even the way they are connected (one with DVI the other with DP) but both monitors keep on getting no input received message. If i plug in directly from the HDMI port the monitors work perfectly fine.  I already updated both laptop as docking station to the latest firmware. I also tried enabling high resolution mode when connected to dock in BIOS, no result.

Is my dock broken? Or could it be that by P2213 Dell monitors are not supported by the dock? 
Hope anyone can help me out. 

Kind regards

HP Recommended

Connecting the dock to HP monitors also turned out to no succes. Anyone that can help out to troubleshoot?

HP Recommended

Hi guys,

Turned out my dock was faulty. Had it replaced and now it's running without a problem using a USB-C 3.1 male to male cable. No need to be Thunderbolt! 
Kind regards,
J

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.