Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Unknown

Funny, I recently started having the same issue. I have a 4K curved LG monitor I purchased in October 2018. I connected the HDMI and a displayport cable to an HP USB-C docking station. From there I connected to my Spectre X360 15". Everything was working mostly OK. Occasionally the displayport side of the screen would stay black, but eventually come back up. In April the displayport input stopped working. I tried new cables, new docking station, updating all drivers, ran the help assistant, checked the bios, firmware, ETC. My laptop keeps thinking the main monitor is two monitors and only the HDMI input works. I sent my monitor back to LG as well and they found no issues with any ports or the electronics. I still cannot get the displayport to work and I'm growing very frustrated.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@toddfran,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I recommend you contact support and they will assist you in this regard.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.