cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
lukeydukey
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

USB-C to HDMI Adaptor not working

HP Recommended
HP ENVY Laptop 13-ah0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello!

My name is Luke, and I'm having trouble with the USB-C to HDMI adaptor which came with my HP Envy. Whenever I try and connect my laptop to a monitor, a message saying "USB Device not recognised" pops up repeatedly until I remove the connection. 

This is only happening since recently (2-3 weeks), as I used to connect to my family home's living room TV often and there was no problem with it at all! I tested the monitor and HDMI cable on my brother's laptop and it worked perfectly fine, so it has something to do with my laptop. I uninstalled and reinstalled the driver for it and still no budge. However, I also use the USB-C port to connect to my Roland A-88 Midi keyboard and that works totally fine still, so I'm almost certain it has something to do with the UCB-C to HDMI adaptor itself?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Thanks, Luke

3 REPLIES 3
lukeydukey
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

*EDIT*

Should have posted question in Notebooks Video/Touch section, apologies

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
95,828 64,542 12,412 21,374
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@lukeydukey wrote:

*EDIT*

Should have posted question in Notebooks Video/Touch section, apologies

@lukeydukey 

I've moved your question to notebooks/laptops board. We need to know EXACTLY what is your HP ENVY Laptop 13-ah0xxx ?  Please use the following way to find out the model/product of your machine

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

Please do NOT post its Serial number (s/n).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
lukeydukey
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello! Thanks for getting back to me!

HP ENVY - 13-ah0003na

Product Number: 4EY21EA#ABU

Thanks!

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation