cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
Nelson88
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

USB CType to HDMI/VGA display on external monitor is not working

HP Recommended
Pavilion 6530
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm using HP Pavilion home edition intel core 5 laptop. It has HDMI but doesn't have VGA display port to connect external monitors. I purchased some USB C type adapter from Amazon and trying to connect my external monitors through adapter by using HDMI and VGA cable. It's not working. i tried couple of different adapters but no luck. Any help is appreciated. Thanks. 

1 REPLY 1
Dan8719
Level 2
16 14 1 4
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dear Nelson88,

I hope to provide you the solution for this very annoying problem!!! I

Before proceeding check  if from the specs of your laptop it is possible to connect an external monitor through the type c port (it should be written DispalyPort on the thunderbolt usb-c properties). If so, and you already tried to update several drivers but still nothing happens, I hope to have the solution. I spent almost 3months to fix the isssue after several attempts performed under the supervision of the HP support. You can find the solution in this post I wrote today to be helpful to the HP community: External monitor not working with thunderbolt connector.

Basically you need to change from 0 to 1 an entry of the register file. Keep me posted if that solution works fine! 

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation