cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Unable to get 4k resolution using HMDI on my new HP v28

HP Recommended
HP v28
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I picked up a new HP v28, hoping to be able to use it as a second monitor for the various laptops in my home (work and personal). My old work laptop had DisplayPort, and if I connect with that port, I get 4k as my second monitor. My personal laptop only has HMDI though, but when I connect the v28 as a second monitor on that one - I get 2560x1440 MAX. I initially thought it was my laptop, but since getting a new work laptop that also only has HDMI, second monitor on that one ALSO only gives me 2560x1400. 

Can I get 4k at all through HDMI on this monitor? (for clarity - i am using the HMDI cable provided with the product) 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 19
Level 19
86,406 86,288 10,975 23,576
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Kinackin 

What is your laptop ? What is the version of HDMI cable ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi , my personal laptop is a Lenovo L580 and my work laptop (the one that won't output in 4k) is a HP elitebook 830 G6.

Not sure about the cable , it's the one that comes with the monitor! I have also tried the hdmi cable that successfully manages 4k with my PS4 pro , so I don't think it's the cable.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation