Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 Convertible 14-cd0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to connect my Pavilion x360 via the HDMI port to my BenQ MP661 Projector. Thjis has a VGA input. So I used a HDMI to VGA interface. However, Projector shows no signal.

Projector works on my old HP Laptop wehich has a VGA output.

Any ideas on how I solve this

Thank you

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi
 Windows Logo key + Ctrl + Shift + B
(This key sequence actually restarts you graphics driver (W10 only).)

AND/OR - If you’re using multiple displays, try projecting video to a different monitor.
Press the Windows Logo key + P, select a display, and then press Enter.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your swift response. I will attempt to follow your advice this afternoon and let you know if it solves my problem.

I am new to using this HP x360 notebook and HDMI connections plus Windows 10. My old HP had Vista & VGA

Regards

Peter_C43

HP Recommended

Tried that and Projector screen 'flashes' then give messaGWE  source aNALOGB rgb oUT OF rANGEW) pUZZLED AS MY pROJERECTOR IS OVER 10 YEARS OLD AND IS NOT WI-FI. jUST vga OR rgb CONNECTIONS

HP Recommended

Don't want to hijack the thread, but that message (source analog rgb out of range) means the RGB signal that is being presented to the Projector is of a resolution either too high (or too low) for the projector to handle. Try reducing the resolution of your screen from your computer to 1024X768.

Right click on the desktop and choose "Display Settings" and change your screen resolution in there.

HP Recommended

Hi

I would think that the HD is High Definition and the projector is SVGA.

So dumb down the output.

At least now there is a connection.

HP Recommended

Th anks to both of you. I have reduced the Resolution to 1024  as suggested. Its the lowest setting I can find on my Notebook.

Still the same issue. So perhaps its not possible to project from my HDMI  to SVGA? Do not know how else I could dumb down the output or boost the signal to SVGA

Perhaps its a newmore up to date Projector I require?

Peter

HP Recommended

There is always the possibility that the HDMI to VGA adapter is faulty. These are very cheap like 9-10 dollars a piece. Get a new one? ( random link¨ https://www.amazon.com/HDMI-to-VGA-Adapters/b?ie=UTF8&node=14570285011 )

Also, try a different VGA cable also. 

Check the projector specifications and see what resolutions are supported. I doubt it doesn't support 1024X768.

Good luck. 🙂 

HP Recommended

Thank You. I have ordered a HDMI to VGA Convertewr/Adaptor. My Projector has the following Specs Will Try again when I receive the item from Amazon.

Puzzled as to why it will  work on 'Extend' but not on Duplicate Screen. Hepo the Converter helps.

BenQ MP611c Specs Contrast Ratio 2000:1 Projection DLP Native Resolution SVGA (800x600) Max Resolution Up to 1280x1024

HP Recommended

Yeah, since its max resolution is1280X1024, it should work at 1024X768. The only logical troubleshooting here are the cables like I already said. I am not a tecnisian but I am in the bussiness for 20 years and I frequently deliver database courses so I have had my fair share of projector troubleshooting. 🙂

PS

Make sure you also have the latest drivers for your graphics (display/video) card on your laptop. "Hp support assistant" software is very useful. If you don't have it already here is a link to download it from HP: 

https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.