cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
DBAR1
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Using a monitor with a laptop

HP Recommended
Envy
Microsoft Windows 10 IOT

Hello,

I have a Envy 15 inch x 360. I would like to connect it to a monitor. I have a HDMI port on the machine. Do I get a HDMI to DP cable? Will this work? I have tried HDMI to HDMI and it says no DP cable. So will this fix the problem. It is a Dell monitor.

Any other suggestions?

1 REPLY 1
IT_WinSec
Level 15
Level 15
10,093 6,378 814 3,504
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @DBAR1 

You should connect your computer and the display somehow, meaning that a good cable should be entered from both sides.

Therefore, if the PC only has an HDMI port but the DELL display does not have HDMI port, no direct connection is possible.

If the DELL monitor only has a DP (display port), then you will need HDMI to DP adapter or cable.

If you want a more detailed/specific advice, please post the full model of your DELL monitor.

>> Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps <<
*** I work for HP *** I express personal opinion only *** HP Expert - volunteer since 2013
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation