Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy Laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When using Luminar 3 after 1 or 2 photographs transferring between Lightroom & Luminar 3 I get a blue screen with the following:
code : VIDEO TDR FAILURE .
what failed : atikmpag.sys.

My programs is up to date. I saw the soluation to delete the atikmpage.sys file it dosen't explain why and what the file dose. I don't want to delete a file that may effect the overall system.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Mike_Fisher Welcome to HP Forums Community!

Before we troubleshoot, here's some information to help you understand the blue screen error message its due to video card or video driver related issues.

Since you've already attempted to reinstall drivers and download the catalyst center multiple times,

I'll get straight to the point:

Go to C:windows/drivers/atikmpag.sys and just deleted the (.sys) file.

Once done, restart the computer and download the latest drivers for your computer: Click here.

You may also try this if you aren't satisfied with the results: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/auto-detect-tool

Run a hardware test on the graphics card using the below steps:

• Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
  • Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
  • On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click Component Tests.
  • Click the Video card/Graphics card Test.
  • Click Run once, or Loop until error.
  • While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component display on the screen.

If a component fails a test, write down the failure ID (24-digit code) for when you respond back to us.

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.