04-20-2017 09:07 AM
Device was upgraded from win 7 64 bit to win 10 64 bit, Bought on Ebay person was trying to be nice and upgrade it but when i try to use the finger print scanner it doesnt even light up, have tryed many drivers and nothing seems to work and even tryed to use compatibility mode no prevail and even uninstalled and looked for driver....any help would be great...John
04-20-2017 02:45 PM
As there are no HP Drivers for Windows 10 for this system, there are more chances for failure than success.
The following suggestions might resolve the issue:
For the record, the latest fingerprint driver listed in your computer's Website Support Driver page is:
- If you are extra paranoid about losing login access to your computer, create an "extra" LOCAL account and assign it "Administrative" privileges.
- Verify that you can log into the computer using your Windows Password.
- Create a Restore Point
- Uninstall the existing Driver from the Device Manager -- tick the box to also delete the driver.
- Reboot the computer and log in using your Windows password.
- Download and save the following fingerprint Driver:
- Driver Consumer Notebooks as listed: cva
- VFS5131 // Device: USB\VID_138A&PID_0018="Validity Sensors (WBF) (PID=0018)"
- Install the Driver > Restart the computer and log in
- Set up the Windows fingerprint logon -- remember that W10 requires the PIN number to enable the fingerprint driver / hardware
PIN assignment is mandatory to enable fingerprint reader.
Windows key > Settings > Account > Sign-in Options > PIN number
Help / How-to:
If you get to the point that Windows 10 fingerprint logon works, then it is time (if you wish) to add the latest supported version of HP SimplePass to the mix.
Optional - Mini fingerprint reader
If ALL else fails, consider the purchase of the USB-Mini Fingerprint Reader from Softex. Drivers for this device are self-contained. The device is compatible with the latest versions of HP SimplePass.
Reminder: This is a voluntary purchase and not associated with HP.
Dragon Document - Help, suggestions, and examples:
Read section: Dragon Document Guidelines
Sections of interest include:
- Order of Events
- Change Sign-In Options
- USB-Mini Fingerprint Reader
Click the Thumbs Up to say Thank You for the help!
Answered? Click my post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.