Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
V4N87EA#ABU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The image of the camera is very poor, the issue is more noticeable at night, even with several lights on the image is poor and pixelated. I have connected an external camera and the image is much better on that. I have just downloaded the cyberlink youcan 9 I have tested the camera and picture there but again the image is poor. What can I do to improve the image?

Many thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@sconesandjam wrote:

The image of the camera is very poor, the issue is more noticeable at night,

@sconesandjam 

It works like all low end cameras: they need LIGHT. If you wish to have better images you need to light your objects or your face. I sometimes attend a Zoom session, I have to use item #2 which in mentioned on the following link

https://provlogging.com/vlog-lighting/

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hello Banhein

thank you for the reply. The laptop camera used to work fine before, and if and external camera works with the same lighting maybe there is an issue with the laptop or software. I wont buy a light for my camera, if the problem wont get solved I will use the external camera.

HP Recommended

Hi Sconesandjam,

Don't beleive Banhein reply. HP mention he is expert but his all replies are making us foolish. 

Last two weeks earlier my friend brought hp 15s dr2008tu laptop. His web cam also work fine for first day. After three days later it works like VGA webcam. But hp mention on website webcam quality is hd 720p (0.9MP). In camera option it's showing 0.9 but hp built the camera for laptop is VGA camers and they did the software settings via intel graphics drivers software. 

My question for hp 

Why all the laptop manufacturer compaines are using the drivers from hardware vendor driver software , but one and only HP laptop they redesign the drivers from hardware vendor driver and after that they publish on HP drivers and software website. 

Still they didn't start to do the redesign part for Windows 10 20H2. This version was release in October month but still HP didn't release the drivers for that os version. All the laptop manufacturers are allready release the drivers for windows 10 20h2 in September month end. All the drivers are tested with widows version. But HP software team they release the drivers delay and without test with windows version also. They will do the changes after customers complaints. 

Without do the test and release the drivers then only laptop gets quickly stuck or it stop works other functions. 

Hp now adays they are trying to earn profit without give better service. Now Asus , Lenovo and Acer are leading the HP laptop. HP laptop build quality , hardware support quality all are worse including drivers updates also.

HP Recommended

Hi Prash4

Thank you for the reply. Do you have any solution for this issue?

Maria 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.