Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ProBook 455 G7 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear All,

My laptop has just 2 weeks of life. 

Yesterday the webcam stopped to work. Now under the hardware tree in Device Manager there's a generic "USB Boot"

Tried to restore Windows to a previous check point with no luck... Now I'm waiting for HP support.

I saw that someone got a firmware update that fixed a similar problem, with a Realtek executable file

Do you have some hints on that?

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

The Id of the cam is:

USB\VID_0BDA&PID_5846&MI_00\7&18D0FBE5&0&0000

HP Recommended

Well guys, still waiting for HP Support to pick up the issue raised. Today are 7 days of complete silence from HP Support.

Considering that the laptop it's a ProBook with on-site support, I consider this kind of service poor and inadeguate

Let's see what will happen

HP Recommended

I also have this problem. After update BIOS to the newest on HP Probook 455 G7 camera stop working. During BIOS update i remember the message: component updatet "Flash erase failed".  Camera ID is VID_0BDA&PID_5846.

HP Recommended

Hello. I've found same issue on another thread and another Laptop and this solution worked for them.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Camera-problem-on-Probook-450-...

Scroll until you see a link with a Realtek file. It has solved their problem on 450 G7 and also 430 G7. 

Reply to me if it works, and i hope it solves your problem! 

HP Recommended

Unfortunately doesn't work. In that thread is specified the camera ID that must start with VID_0BDA-PID_5852.

I tried before calling the Support with no luck.

In my case so, HP support replaced entirely the WebCam with a 10 minutes length operation. It's easier than I thought since just it's necessary removing the bezel around the screen, gently, and get access to the camera.

HP Recommended

That's great to hear! I'm wondering if this is a hardware problem because there's so many issues about this especially when they've updated something (especially the BIOS). This should just be a software issue especially when you've updated something and some other things stopped working right? One thread also had his camera module replaced and also have the same 455 G7. He encountered the problem when he updated the BIOS. 

HP Recommended

Yeah, I suppose so. Updating the BIOS is the most critical operation in a modern laptop. 

Anyway, until Realtek won't provide a solution on that together with HP, the replacement of camera is painless.

The laptop itself, I think, it's wonderful and I'm happy about my choice

HP Recommended

My HP Truevision HD webcam stopped working after the first windows 10 update over a year ago and the laptop was only about a year old. HP has refused to supply an updated driver and there is no fix.

HP Recommended

Hello ,

did you solve a problem ? How ? 

I also buy new Probook 455 G7 and WEBcam does not work from the start.

The Id of the cam is: USB\VID_0BDA&PID_5846&MI_00

I am waiting the service HP that will give me a new modul for web cam , I am waiting from 11 october 2020.

Let's see what will happen

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.