Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion x360 13-s003nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, the webcam in my laptop (Pavilion x360, model 13-S003nl) is not working. I've tried reinstalling drivers with no use, unless I'm installing the wrong ones? So I'm willing to try that again. I already checked and it's not a privacy settings issue.
When I try to take a photo with the camera app the light next to my webcame turns on but the app gives me this error: 0xA00F4292 <PhotoCaptureStartTimeout>

What can I do?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

SOLUTION

If you're having this issue check if you have the Cyberlink youcam app installed.

After months of trying every solution I could find online I finnally solved it!!!

Apparently the app "Cyberlink youcam" uses a virtual video capture device called "Cyberlink webcam splitter". I went into the skype settings > video and audio > webcam and switched from cyberlink webcam splitter to HP Truevision HD and everything started working again. I did this with every app that uses my webcam and solved the problem. To make sure the issue won't come back I uninstalled the app. I have no idea were this app came from, maybe with a windows update. But this solved the problem.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

SOLUTION

If you're having this issue check if you have the Cyberlink youcam app installed.

After months of trying every solution I could find online I finnally solved it!!!

Apparently the app "Cyberlink youcam" uses a virtual video capture device called "Cyberlink webcam splitter". I went into the skype settings > video and audio > webcam and switched from cyberlink webcam splitter to HP Truevision HD and everything started working again. I did this with every app that uses my webcam and solved the problem. To make sure the issue won't come back I uninstalled the app. I have no idea were this app came from, maybe with a windows update. But this solved the problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.