Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 27FHD monitor
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Just purchased a new Pavilion 27FHD monitor with built in webcam, but the webcam does not work and I can't find it in my devices. I have installed all the drivers available on the HP site. Virtual assistant is useless, please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@JOHNSEA
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  
To work around this issue, perform the appropriate option.

Option 1. For computers with USB-C ports, connect USB-C to USB-C cable (USB-C to USB-C cable is required):

NOTE: The USB-C cable is not included when purchasing this monitor. It must be purchased separately.
  1. Connect one end of the USB-C cable to the computer.

2. Connect the other end of the USB-C cable to the monitor.

3. Power on the monitor and computer.

NOTE: For the old version of USB-C on computers that only supports data, an HDMI cable (or DisplayPort) may be needed in addition to be connected to the computer along with the USB-C cable. They should be connected at the same time to support video.

Option 2. For computers without a USB-C port:

NOTE: The USB-C to USB-A adapter is not included when purchasing this monitor. It must be purchased separately.

Connect both the USB-C to USB-A adapter and HDMI cable (or DisplayPort) cable to the computer. Both the USB and HDMI (or DP) cables must be connected to the computer to use the built-in webcam.

1. Connect the USB-C port of the USB cable to the monitor.

2. Connect the USB-A port of the USB cable to the computer.

3. Connect the HDMI cable (or DisplayPort cable) to the monitor and attach it to the computer at the same time.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@JOHNSEA
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  
To work around this issue, perform the appropriate option.

Option 1. For computers with USB-C ports, connect USB-C to USB-C cable (USB-C to USB-C cable is required):

NOTE: The USB-C cable is not included when purchasing this monitor. It must be purchased separately.
  1. Connect one end of the USB-C cable to the computer.

2. Connect the other end of the USB-C cable to the monitor.

3. Power on the monitor and computer.

NOTE: For the old version of USB-C on computers that only supports data, an HDMI cable (or DisplayPort) may be needed in addition to be connected to the computer along with the USB-C cable. They should be connected at the same time to support video.

Option 2. For computers without a USB-C port:

NOTE: The USB-C to USB-A adapter is not included when purchasing this monitor. It must be purchased separately.

Connect both the USB-C to USB-A adapter and HDMI cable (or DisplayPort) cable to the computer. Both the USB and HDMI (or DP) cables must be connected to the computer to use the built-in webcam.

1. Connect the USB-C port of the USB cable to the monitor.

2. Connect the USB-A port of the USB cable to the computer.

3. Connect the HDMI cable (or DisplayPort cable) to the monitor and attach it to the computer at the same time.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Many thanks, I now have a working webcam. Cheers

HP Recommended

@JOHNSEA

Glad to hear that the issue is resolved. If you need any help, feel free to reach out to us.

Have a great day! 

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.