Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Omen Laptop 17"

Is it real that HP provides no cam control software for my beautiful wide angle webcam? It's so nice that several people or the entire room can be in the view of the cam, but when talking to clients, I'd prefer to not show everything. Yet I cannot find a way to zoom so that only I'm in view.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Gusztav,

I read the response comprehensively. Superb troubleshooting and spectacular deductions. Hats off to you on that score. 🙂  

First off, the Zoom option is not there on this PC. I have checked the product specifications and the related software on the support site.

Product specs: http://support.hp.com/id-en/product/omen-by-hp-17-w000-laptop-pc/10862328/document/c05204540/

Software and drivers listed on HP website: http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/OMEN-17-by-HP-Laptop-PC/10862328/model/12344240

You can also check this forum thread: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/webcam-zooming-in-on-skype/td-p/...

There may be 3rd party software available on the web that could have a zoom feature if the webcam is supported. For this, you need to google it and find out. Third party software and apps are not recommended by HP.

Hope this helps.   I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll always be there to assist you. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂 

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Greetings @Gusztav,

Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are looking to know if there is a zoom feature available on your Omen Notebook's webcam. I would like to help. 

Which application do you use for the webcam?

To the best of my knowledge, all the webcam on notebooks does not have an optical zoom option. 

As a workaround, you can check if the application you use for webcam have any option to zoom.

HP Notebook PCs - Testing a Webcam Using YouCam (Windows 10, 8, 7)

Let me know if this helped. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi there!

I mostly use Skype, so what I'd need is to be able to zoom in within Skype. Skype has many controls for webcams, I can also see the Zooming option, but it's disabled. Only a verys few options are enabled, and I think/thought that's due to lack of driver/hardware support.

Gus

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, there is no option to zoom in the webcam on the notebooks. You can try any other software that you provide this feature. 

You can provide the product number of your computer and I can check. (Don't have much hopes though.)

Hope this helped. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, my product number is X5X90EA#AKC. It was so great to have a solution, I really think its a relevant feature to be able to not show my entire room to my colleagues and clients to whom I talk, especially if you purchase such an expensive, high-profile notebook.

Gusztáv

HP Recommended

Hi @Gusztav,

I read the response comprehensively. Superb troubleshooting and spectacular deductions. Hats off to you on that score. 🙂  

First off, the Zoom option is not there on this PC. I have checked the product specifications and the related software on the support site.

Product specs: http://support.hp.com/id-en/product/omen-by-hp-17-w000-laptop-pc/10862328/document/c05204540/

Software and drivers listed on HP website: http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/OMEN-17-by-HP-Laptop-PC/10862328/model/12344240

You can also check this forum thread: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/webcam-zooming-in-on-skype/td-p/...

There may be 3rd party software available on the web that could have a zoom feature if the webcam is supported. For this, you need to google it and find out. Third party software and apps are not recommended by HP.

Hope this helps.   I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll always be there to assist you. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂 

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes! CyberLink YouCam is the answer! And now I also have face recognition when logging in to Windows and websites, even though the cam itself does not support Windows Hello (which was another minor disappointment). And it can automatically zoom to my beautiful face :), so if makes sure my head fills the entire window. 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi @Gusztav,

It has been a fabulous experience working with you. 🙂 I thank you greatly for accepting this as a solution. 🙂 You've been simply amazing with your technical expertise and thanks again for giving me the privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂

I hope the unit works great and stays healthy for a long time. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.  

Please take care, stay healthy, keep smiling big and do have a blessed year ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.