Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Stream

F9C6A0DE-4269-484F-BA0F-678B9BCB9E33.png

My screen keeps doing this. It happened when I first bought it and they replaced the screen but it’s started happening again and it’s 2 days out of warranty. It’s barely been used since purchase and never been dropped or damaged. I’m so annoyed! Please can anyone help? 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Sklstu Welcome to HP Community!

It looks like an issue with the graphics card, I recommend you reinstall the same from the device manager, and also, update it along with the BIOS and chip-set drivers using the HP website: click here to find and install the same.

Note: Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution: Click here for steps on finding the information we need!

Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

Please check if the issue occurs when an external monitor is connected to the device, or when you are in the BIOS screen (restart and tap on F10 to access it)

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, this has not worked and the issue remains. If anything, it has got worse in that it happens more frequently. 

This product is faulty and I’m exhausted with trying to get it to work. I am a student and I’m unable to use the laptop for my work.

HP Recommended

@Sklstu How did you come to that conclusion? Did you happen to update the list of parts I had suggested using the link I shared? Also does the issue occur on the other monitor/screen?

Please answer the questions and I'll help you fix the issue permanently, so you can get to work.

Keep me posted.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.