Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 15-bc204ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

What version HDMI port do i have in my HP Pavilion - 15-bc204ng?

Trying to attach an external monitor HP ZR30w that has resolution 2560x1600 to my laptop, but only can reach 1280x800 Active Signal Resolution (even when manually changed Desctop resolution to 2560x1600) .

The cables I used: native DVI-DVI + DVI-HDMI and then DisplayPort-DisplayPort+ Display-HDMI (both claim they support 4K)

Now I came up with an idea that it could be just because of my HDMI port that doesn't support high resolutuion.

Or does it? 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Alex_P 

Manual for the series

Which shows it has HDMI v2.0 supporting up to 4096 × 2160 @ 60 Hz

I can't find newer driver for it, Please try Windows 7 driver

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp48001-48500/sp48321.exe

HOPE this helps.

Please

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Dear Bahnien,

thank you for your quick answer. I downloaded the file from the link above, installed and updated the driver for monitor 2 (that is external and has an issue) from that folder. Restarted HP. However, I have just the same: monitor 2 has resolution 2560*1600, Active Signal Resolution 1280x800 , and the picture is poor as with 1280.

Now I wonder, probably i was supposed to update a driver also for my laptop display from the same folder? This i haven't done yet.

May Active Signal Resolution refer to the adapter from DVI to HDMI itself?

Should i verify the adapter also has 2.0 bandwidth on its HDMI edge?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.