Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Notebook

My HP Notebook screen has got two very bright white spots and numerous less bright spots. What could be the possible reason for this? What is the next step I can do to solve this ?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Ath_u

Please check in the BIOS if you face the face issue

Shut down the Notebook and upon restarting keep tapping on F10 till you see the System Configuration Menu ( BIOS )

If the issue persists in BIOS please contact HP Support for Service Options

Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ and select your Country to get the Contact details for HP Support

You can refer to this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00035844

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the same issue. Brand spanking new laptop. Very disappointed as I'll now have to take it back. I thought better of HP.

HP Recommended

@unimatrix0

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

• When was the last time it worked without these issues?
  • Have you tried checking the display in the BIOS environment?

let’s try these steps to resolve the problem:

I recommend you attempt to access the BIOS screen by tapping on F10 while the computer is restarting,  If the issue persists in the BIOS screen which is outside windows, it would confirm a hardware failure.

I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the availability in warranty service options in order to diagnose the computer physically. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@unimatrix0
Thank you for posting back. 

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue.
As you've performed relevant troubleshooting steps and the issue persist, this sounds like hardware related issue with the display.
I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:
www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I really want to be friendly and nice here, but I think I am dealing with crooks. Let me explain. You have no solution except to point me to 'Support Engineers'. These guys were able to do NOTHING, except apologise - I spoke to them this morning. They also offered to send out a technician. I have been down this road also. They come. Look at it. Say 'that's weird' and declare it is a fault. Then we go down the process of getting a replacement or refund. In Australia, it's easier. Just to the store where I bought it and get a refund, which I will likely do. Why crooks then? This is a newish laptop with brand new Comet Lake (10th Gen) intel i7 chip. I called about 8 stores to get a replacement, from this company and even a competitor. All the same story. We have 1 display model, but no others on the floor. Also, this model is being discontinued, so it cannot be re-ordered. How can it be if it's a new model - they haven't even supplied stock but just early floor show stock? I have a theory. HP knows about the fault. They worked out that recalling would cost $$$$$, so they decided not to, and deal with returns, which historically in a similar case may be a 10% hit on the profit margin, as opposed to 100% on a recall. They then discontinue the line, almost right after it launched, as they know there is a manufacturing issue. Do you have a better explanation?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.