Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 - 15-aq160sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have configured Windows Hello for login my laptop. But from last few day it is not working, the camera is not turning on. I checked sing-in option and tried to improve recognition, but the camera is not turning. But using camera app I can take picture or I can do video call in skype. Now what can I do to active this? Please check the picture.

Screenshot 2017-02-13 20.08.06.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @diptocse07,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand the facial recognition doesn't work after the recent update was installed,

I've found the cause and resolution for your concern, please go through the below information:

Cause:

The following Group Policy setting does not currently allow log-on or sign-on through facial recognition:

Computer Configuration / Local Policies / Security Options

Interactive logon: Do not display last user name: Enable

By default, this Group Policy setting is disabled.

Resolution

To resolve this issue, change this setting to Disabled, or wait for the anniversary update of Windows 10.

Here's an article from Microsoft with the details you need: Click here

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @diptocse07,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand the facial recognition doesn't work after the recent update was installed,

I've found the cause and resolution for your concern, please go through the below information:

Cause:

The following Group Policy setting does not currently allow log-on or sign-on through facial recognition:

Computer Configuration / Local Policies / Security Options

Interactive logon: Do not display last user name: Enable

By default, this Group Policy setting is disabled.

Resolution

To resolve this issue, change this setting to Disabled, or wait for the anniversary update of Windows 10.

Here's an article from Microsoft with the details you need: Click here

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I've got the exact same problem. It look likes the driver of windows hello is missing. Haven't found a solution. Please help.

HP Recommended

Hey there! @jorisbruijn, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand you have issues using windows hello feature on your PC.

Don't worry I will try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

Please provide the product number of your PC to assist you better.

Try the steps recommended below.

Turn off Fast Startup

Type power options in the Search box, and open Power Options
Select Choose what the power buttons do
Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable
Uncheck the checkbox next to Fast Startup

Reinstall Windows Hello drivers

Go to Search, type device manager, and open Device Manager
Find your Windows Hello driver, right-click on it, and select Remove driver software…
Restart your computer
On the next startup, Windows 10 should automatically detect Windows Hello, and install the latest driver for it
Once Windows 10 installs the driver again, try running Windows Hello to see if the issue is resolved

Run Windows 10 Troubleshooter

Go to Search, type troubleshooting, and open Troubleshooting
Go to Hardware & sound section of the troubleshooter
Now, click on Hardware & devices
The troubleshooter will start, so wait for the process to finish, and follow further on-screen instructions
If the troubleshooter found a problem with Windows Hello, it will automatically fix it
Restart your computer.

If the issue still persists try updating the drivers using HP support assistant.

Refer this article to know more information about using HP support assistant.

Let me know if this helps! 

I hope you have a great day! 🙂

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say "Thanks" for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear MrRobot,

I've tried the troubleshooter and changing the power options but they both didn't work.

I couldn't find the windows hello driver in my device manager so now i'm out of options. My Product ID: 00325-96138-89708-AAOEM.

Thank you in advance,

Joris Bruijn 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.