Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Beats Special Edition notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello, all. I am hoping someone can help us figure it out.

Just this past weekend, we started to notice that our HP Beats Special edition notebook has been making random letters disappear or be fragmented on the display screen. If we scroll over it with our mouse, it will sometimes restore (not always!). I attached a few screen shot examples as to this occurring. It is hard to explain in Google to find an answer. Our resolution is at the highest available level. Any idea what is going on?

Also, once in a while, certain keys on the keyboard will not work (such as some random numbrs on the number board on the far right - we thankfully can still use all of the numbers on the top of the keyboard. Any ideas as to why?

Thanks in advance for your help! 

Sara

email.jpgHP support website.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I just started having same issue. Same model laptop. Looks like it may be a system tging. Hopefully we get answers. 

HP Recommended

I have the same problem. It seems to be exclusive to chrome. I haven't seen it in the edge browser and not on desktop apps, and I've run hardware diagnostics and everything is working.  Seems to be related to chrome, I went to chrome/flags and experimented with LCD flag but still have the problem.

chrome error 1.jpgchrome error 2.jpg

HP Recommended

I just started having the same issue. Happened right after a Microsoft update. I found this link for Google Chrome Help and tried Step 1. It seems to have fixed the problem for me...fingers crossed. Hope this helps.

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95290?hl=en

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.