cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Would VGA make my HP27f look better than HDMI (connected to M1 MacBook Air)?

HP Recommended
HP27f display
Other

I have a new MacBook Air, running Big Sur. Hooked the 27f to the laptop's Thunderbolt 3/USB-C port via HDMI, using a display adapter from Apple. 

Problem: I'm less than impressed with screen resolution, contrast and crispness. Wondering if I should try connecting via the VGA port instead. Would that make any difference? The MB Air only has Thunderbolt ports, so everything requires an adapter.

I'm finding the control buttons on the bottom of the monitor to be difficult to work with. The manual doesn't help: says to hit a Menu button, but I don't see this. All I've been able to do is change the display mode (Reading/Night time/Blue Light etc). My Mac has a calibration tool but it requires me to adjust the contrast on this monitor, which I can't figure out how to do.

I checked for software to download for this monitor, but only PC files are available, not Mac ones.

Thinking of returning this, but would prefer to fix my issues, if possible.

Help!

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Level 19
Level 19
88,625 88,511 11,313 24,296
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Lcollier 

VGA uses analog signals and HDMI uses digital signals. I could say 99.9% digital is better than analog in term of signals. Sorry I have to leave 0.1% for you to make decision.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation