Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
02-22-2021 05:07 PM
I purchased this 7core laptop which works fine but I wasn't able to remove the yellowish tint. The screen is just setup to be a bit yellowish and nothing couldn't change it. When I restart/start HP's logo appears first and only then [when loading] for a couple of seconds you can see the logo [screen] loosing the yellow ting to normal cool/white screen then back again to the yellow one. This to me it's a proof that we are dealing with setting issues but there is no how I could fix it.
- I downloaded HP display control, but I move it to standard mode, it stays the same yellow. I have another computer, when I do the same there, it move from yellow to fresh white while here nothing happens
- On 'Display control calibration' it says, 'to get started move the window onto the display you want to calibrate' I am not sure where we should click but nothing can be done there
- Nigh light is off, I checked few times and it's off
- I added RGB as default through colour management and again nothing changed
- The brightness reduces the yellow tint but it's always here as I compared the screen to another HP with the same brightness. You can see the new one looks like an old paper.
I am thankful to anyone who knows how this can be fixed and can share with me few tips. Thanks
02-25-2021 07:40 AM
Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
- Are you using any app that adjusts a display's color temperature according to location and time of day?
- Have you updated Graphics and Chipset drivers?
- Have you checked the display on an external monitor?
Let’s try these steps to resolve the problem:
I recommend you attempt to access the BIOS screen by tapping on F10 while the computer is restarting,
If the issue persists in the BIOS screen which is outside windows, it would confirm a hardware failure.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee
02-27-2021 03:52 PM - edited 02-27-2021 03:54 PM
I checked the screen after comparing the screen colour with
- An external monitor [HP monitor plugged to the laptop then compared with Laptop's screen]
Unfortunaly the yellowish screen persist in BIOS, while the external screen shows cool white colours multiple times brighter than what we see on screen of the laptop. I'm convinced now that something is wrong with the screen that can't be fixed by troubleshot and I am packing the laptop to take it back to the shop. [unless you have other suggestion?]
Thanks for the guidance.
03-02-2021 02:46 PM - edited 03-02-2021 02:47 PM
Thank you for posting back.
I appreciate your efforts to try and Isolate the issue. This sounds like hardware related issue with the display and in order to fix this issue, your computer needs to be serviced. As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now.
I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the available service options in order to diagnose the computer physically. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee