Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Are you having HotKey issue? Click here for tips and tricks.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 13.3 inch 2-in-1 Laptop PC 13-bf0000 (552D7AV)

Hello,

My zoom video freezes after around 20-25 minutes on a zoom meeting call when using the built in webcam. It works perfectly fine for the first 15-20 minutes and then crashes. This happens irrespective of me using a background blur, no blur or a custom background. If I then try to turn the video on/off zoom stops responding and crashes.

This problem does not happen when I use an external USB webcam at my work desk, so it clearly is some issue with the built in webcam in my new Envy x360 laptop. I have updated all BIOS, windows and Zoom drivers/application, and it has not made a difference. Please help.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Same exact issue being experienced on an HP Spectre x360 laptop, which I imagine is using the same integrated webcam as the HP Envy x360 that OP is using. We have attempted almost everything imaginable on the software end to try and resolve this issue, including sending the laptop in to the HP Service Center for repair where they re-installed Windows 11, but the issue continues after receiving it back. Since this issue did not exist when the laptop was first delivered with the original build of Windows 11, my best guess is that it is caused by an incompatibility of the webcam driver and the newest build of Windows 11 (22H2). @Bhuvan_A did you find any resolution to this issue?

HP Recommended

I seem to have found a solution that works 9/10 times. I open the camera shutter, shut the laptop down (not restart), and then boot up to attend zoom calls. I have found reasonable success using this method.

However, I still keep an external webcam handy at all times.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.