Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

@Dbmassi

It looks like you were interacting with @Chimney_83, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out, 

I'm the Riddle_Decipher & I'm at your service. 

As far as I can say, considering the conversation you've had with the previous techs so far, 
If a passive stylus isn't working either, there may be an issue with the touchscreen of your computer, it may require calibration of touch screen settings as a passive unlike an active stylus should work on every touchscreen computer regardless of brand or model.

I suggest you test or troubleshoot the touchscreen: Click here for instructions.

if the touchscreen works fine and yet the passive stylus doesn't you may want to try this link: Click here (Touch Screen Stylus Pen Is Inaccurate or Stops Working)

That said, I'm afraid an active stylus is just not available for your model as of now.

Let me know how that pans out

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask any other queries as  well,

Considering, this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

{If this resolved your concern, Click on "Accept as Solution" & the Purple Thumbs up}.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply,
I would not be rude but I find your answer very inappropriate: I did not buy a PC from US 1,500 to write with a passive pen. If I wanted to write with a passive pen I bought a chinese tablet from US 100 on Gearbest.com!

However, at the time I solved my problem purchasing a fantastic Microsoft Surface Pro 4 with ACTIVE PEN included and working perfectly.

I put my HP Specter in a drawer and I'll use it as a backup PC. Obviously, I am not happy to having thrown US 1.500 in the trash nor the HP policy that advertises a product with an activate pen that does not exist.

All this is shameful! I'm sorry to tell you all this, but I was cheated by HP and there are no excuses that I will accept for this.

HP Recommended

Greetings @Dbmassi

I have escalated your concern to HP’s Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options, if any. 

You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding holidays & Weekends). 

Response times may vary by region. 

Please send a Private Message, if you aren’t contacted within 4-5 business days.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply,

please tell to the HP's Support Team that the only acceptable options are the folowing:

1) Provision of an Active Pen compatible with HP Spectre x360 13-w0xx
2) Replacing my HP Spectre x360 13-w0xx with the HP Spectre x360 13-ac091nz (that includes the active pen in the box)
2) Refound the money I spent for the purchase of the HP Spectre as indicated in my purchase invoice.

Thank you

HP Recommended

I think all of us feel the same way and are equally frustrated. I bought my laptop just over 6 months ago and I'm very disappointed that there is nothing that will work. 

Speaking with customer service didn't help and I will not be calling again. There are no answers. Maybe a bios update is in order.

Best,

Megan

HP Recommended

Spot on. I was told by HP in a sales chat window this specific model would support a pen! A key reason why i bought it. OF course it can not and never will support a pen as there is no digitizer in the laptop.

HP inc made a fundamental marketing error in making ANY x360 that can not support a pen. Look at the Surface Pro. You cant buy one that does not work with a pen. Sigh.

What an expensive mistake!!!!

HP Recommended

I can't believe HP. Never buying another HP product again. I hope someone sues them for false advertisement.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.