Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hi, is there a download for the Spectre 13t sereis? This will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

HP Recommended

I have a brand new Spectre x360 13" model and it will not recognize the HP Active Stylus.  Also there is no firmware available for the 13".

Anybody had any success getting the stylus to work on the new 13" models?  Specifically, I have the HP Spectre x360 - 13t-4200 CTO

thanks.

HP Recommended

The firmware for the touchscreen is at the following URL.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp69001-69500/sp69037.exe

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Thank you for that.  Just double checking, that says it is a firmware update from 2014.  Is it compatible with my new Spectre X360 13"?  Have you seen that firmware resolve the stylus issues on the new laptops?

HP Recommended

Try is.

If it isn't compatible it won't work. 

Drivers and firmware check for compatibility when they are run.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

OK, thanks.  I ran the executable and it came back with this dialog box.  I hit OK and it went away and still no luck on the stylus.

sp69037 screen shot.jpg

HP Recommended

@kl281071 wrote:

@Jeff-MA wrote:

HP posted a new firmware that actually works now.  The file is sp74836.exe available on HP driver web site listed as "HP FHD Touchscreen Controller Firmware".  My Dell Venue Active Stylus is now working perfectly.

hey bud, 

I can't find this file. Do you have a link you can post here?. I have the model HP Spectre x360 - 13-4102tu

Here ya go.  🙂

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp74501-75000/sp74836.exe

HP Recommended

Hi there !

Just found this useful thread and glad to see the last post done today !

I"ve downloaded this firmware sp74836.exe (available on support.hp.com) for my HP Spectre x360 Convertible 15" and successfully installed it, but my pens still dont works...:

- HP Active pen with app lauch, bought with the spectre, but never find anything about its compatibility,

- Dell Active Pen (PN 556W) that supposed to be win 8 and 10 compatible.

As i can see on this thread (and looks pretty logical) all that kind of synaptics devices should works in the same way, but maybe someone can give me some information about their compatibility..?

Or maybe the firmware is not the best for that use, or corrupted (but nothing showed any problem during installation) ?

Thanks a lot for any help !

HP Recommended

Have you figured out how to get the pen working? I have the same model of Spectre as you and it will be useless if it doesn't work with an active stylus/pen.

Did installing the sp74836 driver that Erico provided you with work? Did it brick your touchscreen like it did to other devices?

Please, I urgently require an answer as I am acting on a strict schedule. Any help/info you can provide me with will be immensely useful.

Edit: I was replying to kl281071 and I own the Spectre x360 13-4102TU .  Product model is N8L41PA.

I am intending to purchase the HP Active Stylus, most likely direct from HP.

Edit 2: Just to clarify, I haven't bought the stylus yet and so I don't know if the stylus will work or not for sure. I just want to be certain it will work before purchasing. Also, in device manager "HID-compliant pen" is listed under Human Interface Drivers but "HID-compliant digitizer" is noticeably not. I think that other devices (Surface etc.) need this (not sure) and so I am wondering if the HP needs it as well.

HP Recommended

Hi, 

I own the HP Spectre x360 - 13t-4200 CTO product number W2Q33AV and have been trying to get the HP Active Stylus to work with my laptop for months.  There is currently no fix, and no firmware update for the 13" model and I don't think there ever will be with my model.  Many have suggested installing the firmware for the 15" model, but it does not work and will not install on the 13'. I have gotten the run-around from tech support and no one has ever been able to definitely tell me that a fix is on the way or even possible.  I believe (but don't know for sure) that the issue of the active stylus not working pertains to the OLED screen.

Extremely frustrating.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.