Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 17-by1021cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have two broken hinges on my laptop and after doing lots of research i found this is a common problem that hp is doing nothing about!! I paid 950 us for this laptop a year and a half ago. I expected it to last longer than this! I have seen people in this community contact HP and get a replacement or repair. I have tried calling and you have to pay 14.99 just to speak with a human. Why does HP make it so hard to talk to someone? Is it because they are constantly getting complaints so they had to make it hard to call in? Can anybody please help me here?!?! I cant afford a new laptop right now!! This has me extremely frustrated and was the last thing i needed right now,

EDIT: here is a thread 19 pages long of complaints of the same matter with 17 inch laptops!! 

17" HP Envy Coming apart at the left near screen hinge - Page 19 - HP Support Community - 4651990

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi@Johnnytrooper,

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Apologies for all the inconvenience

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, 

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. This sounds like hardware related issue with the hinge assembly and in order to fix this issue,  your computer needs to be serviced.  As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now. 

I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the available service options in order to diagnose the computer physically.  HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution

HP Recommended

this does not help me in the slightest. im sorry if it comes across as rude but the solution you are giving me is the very first option i explored. Trying to contact hp and get in touch with an actual human is actually impossible. You cannot continue your call unless you enter credit card information for a 14.99 a month hp support assistance plan. There is no email option, only an option to speak to a virtual assistant, which basically just responds almost exactly as you have.

So no your post has not resolved my issue. The only possible way I could ever be happy, or even think of purchasing or recommending any HP product would be to have my laptop repaired and shipping costs covered.

Thanks,

-Johnnytrooper

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.