Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp pavilion n003tx
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

my notebook display is not getting on if its lid is close and opened even if it sleep ,then  i am getting same problem 

please help me

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello, @indrajagadeesh – Greetings 🙂

Thank you for joining the HP Forums! I read your post about the sleep mode issue that you are facing. I am happy to look into this issue for you!

Let’s try and restore the “power options” to try and fix this issue. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click any empty part of the desktop and choose Personalize.
  • In the lower-right corner, choose Screen Saver.
  • In the lower-left corner, click the link to Change Power Settings. The “Power options” window opens.
  • Make sure the power plan selected is “Balanced (recommended)” – Select “Change plan settings”.
  • Select the options which say “Restore default settings for this plan”.

That should help. But if you still face an issue, then try changing the power options:

• Go to “Power options” – Click on “Choose what closing the lid does”.
  • Make appropriate changes and save the settings and check.

Let me know if that helps. Thank you & Good luck!

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello, @indrajagadeesh – Greetings 🙂

Thank you for joining the HP Forums! I read your post about the sleep mode issue that you are facing. I am happy to look into this issue for you!

Let’s try and restore the “power options” to try and fix this issue. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click any empty part of the desktop and choose Personalize.
  • In the lower-right corner, choose Screen Saver.
  • In the lower-left corner, click the link to Change Power Settings. The “Power options” window opens.
  • Make sure the power plan selected is “Balanced (recommended)” – Select “Change plan settings”.
  • Select the options which say “Restore default settings for this plan”.

That should help. But if you still face an issue, then try changing the power options:

• Go to “Power options” – Click on “Choose what closing the lid does”.
  • Make appropriate changes and save the settings and check.

Let me know if that helps. Thank you & Good luck!

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Update: what I told in previous post is not true: the problem remain.

I have tried a downgrade of video drivers, and at the moment this is working.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.