Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp envy m6
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

my laptop display is split into 4 parts and everything is working fine what to do help me...

because of this letters on the display are stretched and color also changed little bit...

whether it is display problem or driver problem?Photo0895.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@JohnClintonD,

Hello and thank you for posting on the HP support forums.  You have a virus or malware.

Here are some links that may help you out.

HP PCs - Resolving and Preventing Viruses on Your Computer (Windows 😎

About Spyware, Adware, and Browser Hijacking Software

HP PCs - Using Windows Defender to Prevent Virus and Spyware Problems in Windows 8

As well this site is good for taking care of malware.

Malwarebytes

Please let me know how things go.

Thank you again for posting and have a great day.

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

D5GR
I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@JohnClintonD,

Hello and thank you for posting on the HP support forums.  You have a virus or malware.

Here are some links that may help you out.

HP PCs - Resolving and Preventing Viruses on Your Computer (Windows 😎

About Spyware, Adware, and Browser Hijacking Software

HP PCs - Using Windows Defender to Prevent Virus and Spyware Problems in Windows 8

As well this site is good for taking care of malware.

Malwarebytes

Please let me know how things go.

Thank you again for posting and have a great day.

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

D5GR
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Thanks for giving a good solution for my problem. I have uninstalled antivirus in my laptop next i restarted system then immediately the screen changed as normal screen. this is just 5minutes work which i have done. Thank you verymuch.

HP Recommended
Hello I have the same problems But mine is HP 250 I have tried changing window BT there is no change wat can I do
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue. 
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about forum posting, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.