Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
pavilion dv6-6190se
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've been having troubles with my AMD GPU, Whenever I try to install the AMD driver provided on their site, the screen goes black for a certain amount of time during the installation and the fan starts going hard. Attempting to restart the device only causes it to get stuck at a black screen before reaching the windows desktop and it doesn't change while the fan kicks in again. The device becomes inaccessible unless I enter Safe Mode and uninstall the drivers. The device I'm using is an HP Pavilion dv6-6190SE. I recently got a new hard drive for it because the previous one broke down. Cleaned it up and installed a fresh copy of Windows 10. Did it twice so far and had mixed results but this is what I'm on right now. and previously on the old HDD, it was working fine. the windows copy was also up to 1909. It's worth mentioning that two days ago, I installed the drivers and it was all working fine, then windows worked on an update and ever since then I've been struggling to work with my GPU. the update that broke it, coincidentally, was also 1909. I'm working on an HP Pavilion dv6-6190se. and my BIOS version is F.1B. (I could try updating the BIOS, I would very much appreciate a link to the latest BIOS for my notebook) Thanks very much in advance.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

bump i still need help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.