Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Chrome OS

how do I use camera on my chrome os lap top

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @bobbyshu,

Welcome to the HP Support Community

I understand need help to use the camera on your Chromebook. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.

Use camera features on your Chromebook

You can use the camera on your Chromebook to take photos or videos, edit and print photos, and scan documents.

Take a photo or video or scan a document with your Chromebook

1. In the corner of your screen, select Launcher .
  2. Open Camera .
  3. At the bottom, choose an option:
    • Select Photo and then Take photo .
    • Select Portrait and then Take photo .
    • Select Video and then Start recording .
    • Select Square and then Take photo .
    • Select Scan and then Document or QR code and then Scan .

Change how photos or videos are captured

• Change your settings: Select Settings . Change the size of the grid, the length of the timer, or the camera resolution.
  • Flip your photo from left to right: Select Mirroring .
  • Use gridlines to straighten photos: Select Grid .
  • Switch between cameras: At the left, select Switch camera .
    • Tip: You can only switch cameras if you plug in an external camera or your Chromebook has 2 built-in cameras.
  • Take photos with a timer: Select Timer .
  • Take photos with the volume buttons: When your Chromebook is in tablet mode, you can press the up or down volume button to take a photo. 
  • Take a photo while you record a video: While you record a video, select Take video snapshot .
  • Pause a recording: You can pause a recording, and continue recording on the same video later.
    • Important: When you pause a video recording, your Chromebook will save the video unless you delete it.
  • Pan, tilt and zoom your camera: Select Pan, tilt, and zoom .
    • Tip: If you don’t have this option, your camera doesn’t support pan, tilt, and zoom.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ANAND_ANDY
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.