Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

While typing on a browser, my screen zooms in and out periodically, and I'm sure it's because I'm accidentally touching something.  How do I disable this?  I've tried going into mouse/touchpad settings but there isn't any option about changing the zoom.

I use Windows 8.1 and have an HP Notebook 15.

Thank you very much for your help in solving this annoying problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Please Click Here to find the steps involved in disabling the pinch zoom feature of your Notebook

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

"I work for Hewlett-Packard"

* * * * * Click the "Purple Thumbs Up Icon in the lower right corner of a post" to say thanks * * * * *

* * * * * Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem * * * * *

Regards,

K N R K

I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Please Click Here to find the steps involved in disabling the pinch zoom feature of your Notebook

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

"I work for Hewlett-Packard"

* * * * * Click the "Purple Thumbs Up Icon in the lower right corner of a post" to say thanks * * * * *

* * * * * Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem * * * * *

Regards,

K N R K

I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Thank you. The only change is that you can't get to Mouse by searching it from the Start menu or from the Search feature in Windows 8.  That Mouse setting does not include Synaptics. You have to get to the Mouse via the Control Panel. In case it helps anyone else.

HP Recommended

How do you get to the control panel? 

HP Recommended

Thanks!

HP Recommended

I just disabled the "pinch Zoom in" as I saw the procedure in this forum.  Great it works and this problem was severe for me for sometme.  Even after contacting the HP Tech Support I could not solve this.  Thanks for the gentleman who gave this tip .

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.