Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

In Windows 10,  press the Windows key

Then go to: Settings – Devices – Mouse & touchpad – Related settings (Additional mouse options) – Settings

Then uncheck the boxes for Scrolling and for Pinch zoom

This has worked for me.  However, people more expert than me can doubtless give a better solution, allowing you to keep the scrolling and pinch-zoom functions.

Perhaps one of those more expert people will post a comment.

HP Recommended

In Windows 10 touch Windows key.

Go to:  Settings – Devices – Mouse & touchpad – Related settings (Additional mouse options) – Settings

Then uncheck the boxes for Scrolling and Pinch zoom.

People more expert than me can doubtless give a better solution, allowing you to keep the scrolling and pinch-zoom functions.

Perhaps one of them will post advice.

HP Recommended

Apologies for the repetition. I thought my reply had not been posted.  I did not notice that, to see the 11th posting, I had to advance to another page.

HP Recommended

I have Windows 10, a new HP and am using only the touchpad for mousework.  Chrome is my browser.  The screen will sometimes enlarge when my fingers are the the keys in  normal "home row" position.  The base of my hands are leaning on the touchpad, or near it (normal way); it seems I'm touching something in the lower part of the keyboard; I have a feeling it's a combo of that and the base of my right thumb area on the touchpad. I know about the magnifier; if that's getting set off, I'm not trying for that and I'm not sure at this moment how to turn magnifier on.  To get out of this mode I have to sign out and back in again.  I have tried lowering the percentage on Zoom but that hasn't worked (not when it's in this mode, otherwise that works fine).  Well, it will change the size when I'm in this weird mode, but it doesn't completely fix it.  The margins disappear as well and navigating is hard to impossible if you're filling out a form because you can't see the entire form when in this mysterious and quite irritating mode.  

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I'm on windows 10, and am trying to trace a photo. I have a touch screen laptop that when I try to draw it zooms in or out. Is there a way to lock my screen in place?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.