Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
spectre 15-bl012dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hp spectre 15-bl012dx camera not working with windows hello face recognition.

Windows display error mesage:

sorry something went wrong
couldn't turn on the camera

make sure it's working properly

I have already:
1)unistalled  and reinstalled the "HP True Vision FHD RGB-IR" driver 

2) Allowed on Windows Privacy settings all apps to be able to use my camera.

Please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I resolved this after a fresh install of Windows 10 (1709) on my HP Spectre x360 (15-bl112dx) with TrueVision FHD RGB-IR by re-enabling some windows services that I had disabled when trying to reduce my footprint...  I believe the culprit was that I had disabled Windows Camera Frame Server.  I has switched the Startup type from Disabled to Manual (triggered) and the errors went away.  Windows Hello also started recognizing the camera face recognition capabilities and camera errors went away.  This has nothing to do with the driver or missing software!  Play with your service settings in services.msc and make sure your camera privacy settings are not too locked down.  Hopefully this saves you time!  

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hey there! @MIKAITS, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand you have issues using windows hello feature on your PC.

Don't worry I will try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

Please provide the product number of your PC to assist you better.

Try the steps recommended below.

Turn off Fast Startup

Type power options in the Search box, and open Power Options
Select Choose what the power buttons do
Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable
Uncheck the checkbox next to Fast Startup

Reinstall Windows Hello drivers

Go to Search, type device manager, and open Device Manager
Find your Windows Hello driver, right-click on it, and select Remove driver software…
Restart your computer
On the next startup, Windows 10 should automatically detect Windows Hello, and install the latest driver for it
Once Windows 10 installs the driver again, try running Windows Hello to see if the issue is resolved

Run Windows 10 Troubleshooter

Go to Search, type troubleshooting, and open Troubleshooting
Go to Hardware & sound section of the troubleshooter
Now, click on Hardware & devices
The troubleshooter will start, so wait for the process to finish, and follow further on-screen instructions
If the troubleshooter found a problem with Windows Hello, it will automatically fix it
Restart your computer.

If the issue still persists uninstall the webcam driver from device manager and install the drivers using HP recovery manager.

Refer this article to know how to restore drivers using HP recovery manager.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Let me know if this helps! 

I hope you have a great day! 🙂

Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say "Thanks" for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello, thanks for your assistance

I Turned off Fast Startup.

I Runed Windows 10 Troubleshooter on Hardware & devices.

I cannot find any Windows Hello drivers on  Device Manager!

I have uninstalled the webcam driver from device manager and install the drivers using the driver on HP drivers internet site:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-spectre-15-bl000-x360-convertible-pc/13823372/mo...

I own 2 identical notebboks HP spectre (Model: 15-bl012dx) (ProdID:Z4Z35UA#ABA).

Yesterday I had installed (clean install) Windows 10 pro 64.

So the SSD (on both notebooks) has be completely formated.

I have installed all new drivers from the HP internet site (for windows 10 64):

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-spectre-15-bl000-x360-convertible-pc/13823372/mo...

But both PC still have the same problem!

Still windows Hello cannot start the camera.

HP Recommended

@MIKAITS

It looks like you were interacting with @A4Apollo, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out, 

I'm the Riddle_Decipher & I'm at your service. 

I reviewed your concern and the entire conversation, did some research and here's what I recommend:

HP Doesn't recommend installing the OS using a retail copy of windows (pro), as you can always utilize the HP Recovery media to install the OEM back anytime, therefore resolving most of the issues you are going through.

Click here to obtain the recovery media and revert back to factory defaults.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I resolved this after a fresh install of Windows 10 (1709) on my HP Spectre x360 (15-bl112dx) with TrueVision FHD RGB-IR by re-enabling some windows services that I had disabled when trying to reduce my footprint...  I believe the culprit was that I had disabled Windows Camera Frame Server.  I has switched the Startup type from Disabled to Manual (triggered) and the errors went away.  Windows Hello also started recognizing the camera face recognition capabilities and camera errors went away.  This has nothing to do with the driver or missing software!  Play with your service settings in services.msc and make sure your camera privacy settings are not too locked down.  Hopefully this saves you time!  

HP Recommended

thanks a lot!!!

That woked fine

Thanks again....

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.