Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion dv7-6c01ea
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HI I have a HP Pavilion dv7-6c01ea Entertainment Notebook webcam in Windows 10 and upgraded to Win 10 64bit now in imaging in device manager the truvision HD drivers are missisng. do we have a weblink to go to to grab drivers taht will work. I have Skype and youcam but neither see the webcam obvioulsly.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Dreamwalker66

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I came across your post and would like to help. I understand that you have an HP Pavilion dv7-6c01ea Entertainment Notebook and after upgrading to Win10, the HP Truevision HD webcam drivers are missing. 

I did some research nd found that this laptop was designed and tested to work with Win7 and Win8. Therefore there are no drivers available on HP website for Win10. However, you may try to install the Cyberlink Youcam Software in compatibility mode for Win10 and that should help.

I sincerely hope this helps to get the webcam to work. Keep me posted. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

HI Kazi, The youcam programme works perfectly the problem lies with the fact the HP Truevision HD Drivers packed with this laptop have been removed when upgraded to Win 10 64bit. I have a USB Logica Webcam that works fine with this and Skype, but, why use that when I have a perfectly good in built webcam. are there any Win 10 64bit drivers available ?

HP Recommended

@Dreamwalker66

Thank you for replying. 🙂 I appreciate you taking your valuable time to troubleshoot.

When you say that Youcam works, do you mean that the webcam worked?

I did check and found no updated drivers for Win10 for this laptop.

If the webcam did not work then you may try the following steps:

• Please open device manager and uninstall the Hp Truevision webcam (if listed).  
  • Run Youcam again, no camera detected message may appear.
  • With Youcam still on go back to the device manager and search for new devices and immediately come back to the Youcam window. It should say "we have detected you have HP truevision webcam, would you like to use this device?"  Click ok, the image capture box flashes with different colors for a second.
  • Then it should capture the image.

Let me know if this works. Thanks again!

HP Recommended
Hi youcam works with USB welcome. Issue is go to device manager and it does not mention truevision at all so drivers have been uninstalled at point of upgrade to win 10
HP Recommended

@Dreamwalker66

I did try searching for updated Win10 drivers but there aren't any available as of now. I suggest you to try performing Windows updates, the drivers may sometimes get installed through the Windows updates. But I cannot make any speculations as of now. 

Let me know if you have anymore questions. Thanks again! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.