Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Convertible X360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

touch screen worked perfect prior to update, took weeks to figure out how to update to 1709, now touchscreen does not work anymore.  everything else is great.

ran thru the guided troubleshooting, with no results, Human Interface Devices does not show touchscreen

updated Files 

SP71829.exe

Driver-ChipsetSP72328.exe

SP72332.exe

SP81891.exe

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Found the file needed to update the touch screen

Intel Serial IO Driver its sp72332

use this for the HP Convertible x360 P1F14UA#ABA

next time an update is applied and you loose the touch screen functionality.

i could have sworn i downloaded and installed this driver multiple times.  it even asked if i wanted to overrrite the folder that was already on the C:\swsetup\SP72332

weird ... 

solved 

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

@PaPaTSWIdaho

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

I'll be glad to help you 🙂 

As I understand the touchscreen doesn't work since the recent update of win10,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Did you update the BIOS?

While you respond to that, here's what you need to do:

The best way to resolve the issue is by using the HP Guided Troubleshooter: 

Click here to access it (simply select your description of the issue from the bottom of the screen to gain access to the next set of steps that should resolve your concern).

Also, try installing built-in drivers:

Reinstall the original touch screen device driver that came installed on your computer using the following steps:

1. In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.

2. Expand Mice and other pointing devices.

3. Right-click the USB Touchscreen Controller(C04D).

4. Select the option Browse my computer for driver software.

5. Select the option Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

6. Select USB Input Device, and click Next.

7. Follow the onscreen instructions to install the driver.

8. When driver installation is complete, confirm the touch screen is functioning properly.

If the touch screen still does not respond after reinstalling the driver, continue to the next step.

Device driver updates released through Windows update might resolve the touch screen issue. Install the latest Windows updates.

If the issue persists, please run a hardware test on the touchscreen to identify the issue:

Use the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics tests to detect problems with the touch screen hardware.

1. Plug the AC adapter into the computer.

2. Press the Power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

3. Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.

4. When the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics screen displays, click Component Tests.

Figure : Component Tests

Component Tests in HP PC Hardware Diagnostic UEFI
  5. Click Touch Screen.

Figure : Touch Screen

Touch Screen Component Test
  6. There are two interactive touch screen hardware tests. Start by clicking Touch Pointer Test.

Figure : Touch Pointer Test

Touch Pointer Test in UEFI
  7. Read the on-screen instructions, then click Run once.

Figure : Touch Pointer Test

Touch Pointer Test in UEFI
  8. Touch each of the blocks on the screen to erase them. The test ends after all blocks are erased or after three minutes have passed, and results are displayed.

Figure : Touch the blocks to erase them

Touch the blocks to erase them
  9. Click Main menu to return to the main screen and run the second touch screen test.

10. Click Component Tests, then click Touch Screen.

11. Click Drag And Drop Test.

Figure : Drag and Drop Test

Drag and Drop Test in UEFI
  12. Read the on-screen instructions, then click Run once.

13. Drag each orange rectangle to the box indicated by the arrows with a finger or a stylus. The test ends after all blocks are repositioned or after three minutes have passed, and results are displayed.

Figure : Drag the blocks to the correct empty box

Drag the blocks to the correct empty box
  • If the diagnostics tests pass but the touch screen still does not respond, continue following the steps in this document.

• If a component fails a test, write down the failure ID (24-digit code) so you have it available when you contact HP Customer Support. The information is also available in Test Logs on the main menu.

Let me know how that pans out

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon,

followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' as it would help the community gain more knowledge,

And Have a great day Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the note, i tried all the above items previously to resolve the same issue last november. it passed everything last time, long story short i didnt have the right software.

Chimney 83 h

Re: HP x360 convertible 11-p110nr touchscreen not working after restore

HP Recommended

bios is current

Touchscreen does not show up in the Device Manager, but worked perfectly prior to 1709

Device Manager.jpg

HP Recommended

There is no touchscreen in the HID

Device Manager HID.jpg

I just need the proper driver for this laptop

last time i updated the below and the touch worked.

Intel Chipset Installation Utility and Driver  SP72328.exe

Intel Serial IO Driver SP72332.exe

Update the BIOS - 79803.exe

HP Recommended

@PaPaTSWIdaho

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

If you've already attempted installing the same drivers and the ones on the HP website,

And yet it didn't work, I recommend you restore the drivers from the HP Recovery Manager:

Click here for details.

That said, please ensure the touchscreen responds on the BIOS Screen,

If that doesn't work, its a hardware malfunction, if it does, then the driver re-installation from the HP Recovery Manager should do the trick.

If you would like to thank me for my efforts to help you, 

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" button.

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Component tests passedScreen Captures component test success_Page_1.jpgScreen Captures component test success_Page_2.jpg

Bios is Insyde F.16 3/31/17Bios.jpg

HP Recommended

@PaPaTSWIdaho

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

I appreciate the details and since the hardware tests have passed, it confirms a software issue,
Hence, I recommend you perform the system OS re-installation using the HP recovery manager (Click here)

If you aren't comfortable going at it, please Contact HP to have someone walk you through it:

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  

* Open link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

* Enter Product number or select to auto detect

* Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

* Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get a Case & phone number.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. 

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

If you would like to thank me for my efforts to help you, 

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution".

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Good Morning,

conducted the reset last night, issue remains this morning.

I did keep my files.

i need an updated software driver for the 1709 update, prior to this update, my touch screen worked fine.

reset 2.jpgsmall reset.jpg

please advise.

HP Recommended

let me try it again today, wiping everything, start from scratch, ill do a full backup of all my data

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.