Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 Convertible 14-ba0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Pavilion x360 Convertible 14-ba0xx

Windows 10 Home 64-bit Version: 18362.418

The laptop is an HP Pavilion x360 as mentioned above. Recently upgraded the SSD nvme, and the SSD is all recognized and laptop reassembled.  Installed new Microsoft windows 10 home edition 64 bit. It's been a frustrating 2 days of troubleshooting and searching online. Here's what I've tried so far:

• Checked and re-seated the keyboard ribbon cables to the motherboard connectors and rebooted. I have done this 10+ times.
  • using an external USB keyboard/mouse. A USB keyboard works fine. I've tried rebooting both with the USB keyboard active and removed, but the laptop keyboard and mouse and touch display never works in Windows.
  • Booting into BIOS to check if a laptop keyboard/mouse works there. A laptop keyboard/mouse works just fine in BIOS. Once it gets into Windows, it no longer responds.
  • Uninstalled all keyboards in Device Manager and rebooted as described in the following link in the 2nd bullet ("keyboard is not working"). Didn't fix. https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03738933

-Checked device manager for new drivers and device status for each keyboard listed. Each keyboard listed says drivers are the most current, and the device is working properly.

• Installed the latest Windows updates.
  • Installed the latest driver updates.

Finally, I disabled driver integrated sensor solution then my keyboard and mouse started working but still, the touch screen is not responding. 

Need support from the HP support team on such a crap driver that is not integrated properly.

Any suggestions from anyone else?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@DAWOOD2 Welcome to HP Community!

I'm afraid HP doesn't recommend making hardware changes to avoid such issues, that said, considering the keyboard & mouse both aren't working since the hardware component (SSD) was changed/added, I suggest you remove the SSD (in case its not compatible) and check if that makes any difference, also, if there's no alternate option of replacing the SSD with what you got along with the device, since they both work fine on BIOS but not in windows, perhaps, you could boot into safe mode and check if that works, if it does, create a backup of all personal data and reset windows using these steps: click here

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.