Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
PAVILION 360X
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My mouse pointer [arrow] turns upside down on occassion. So, the tail of the arrow becomes the selector.Returns to normal after vigorous shake.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for your assistance. It looks as if my mouse was the problem. Last thing one thinks of! I plugged in a new mouse, and so far, so good. Probably should have tried that before bothering you all. Best wishes.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@erotemata

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

The Barachiel is at your service.

I understand you are in need of support, to get the mouse pointer issue fixed. 🙂

I'll be glad to help you out, however, for an accurate solution I will need more details:

Have you attempted any steps on your own before posting on the HP Forums?

When was the last time it worked without these issues? 

In the meantime, please try the steps mentioned below to reset the mouse settings: 

1. Navigate to Start>Settings>Devices.
  2. Click on Mouse and Touchpad.
  3. In the right pane, click on Additional Mouse Settings.
  4. Under Pointer tab, Click on Use Default.
  5. Click on Apply and OK.

Let me know how that pans out.

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask any other queries as  well,

Considering, this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help. 😉

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Barachiel. Thanks for your help.

I've been experimenting with the mouse setting  at default as you suggested. Unfortunately, it still inverts on occasion.

I'm using the HP Pavilion x360 in 'tent mode', folded over so the keyboard is at the back and screen to front.

The mouse inversion occurs especially in Band in a Box, a music creation program. A vigorous shake often brings it back to normal. But when one doesn't notice the inversion, it is too easy to click on the wrong spot. For example, deleting a music track when one wanted to save it. It really slows down production.

Also, I prefer a bigger pointer rather than the default since I am partially blind.

Best wishes

HP Recommended

@erotemata

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

It looks like you were interacting with @Barachiel, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out,

I'm the Flower_Bud & I'm at your service.

Have you connected an external mouse or is it the touchpad of your notebook?

Does this happen only in the music app or anywhere else?

When was the last time it worked fine?

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the music app? If not, I suggest you try uninstalling and reinstalling the music app.

Perform BIOS Default: 

1. Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
  2. Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
  3. On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
  4. Press F10 to Save and Exit.
  5. Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
  6. Follow the prompts to restart your computer.

Also, you could update the graphics drivers and BIOS from our HP website: Click Here

You could refer to this article on how to update the BIOS: Click here

Keep me posted 🙂

Cheers 🙂

HP Recommended

Thanks for your assistance. It looks as if my mouse was the problem. Last thing one thinks of! I plugged in a new mouse, and so far, so good. Probably should have tried that before bothering you all. Best wishes.

HP Recommended

@erotemata,

Perfect, I am really glad to hear that! 

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.