08-12-2016 08:36 AM - edited 08-12-2016 08:37 AM
Hi, after an unsuccessful attempt of HP chat support on this issue, I've decided to post my question here.
I have bought two pavilion x2 12, both worked perfectly, until today I found one of them cannot auto rotate.
1. Both PCs undergone same driver update and installed same software.
2. There is no sensor in device manager
3. The other pavilion works.
4. There is no auto rotate option in action center and settings
1. Installed latest drivers(especially the intel integrated sensor solution twice)
2. Updated BIOS nunerous times.
3. Reseted twice, all data wipied
4.. Tried to add the same sensor in hardware manager.(Looked up sensor of the working pc in device manager and install legacy hardware in problematic pc, resulting This device cannot start. (Code 10) Failed to open lower target for IO handling)
I think cloning the working one's hdd to problematic one may works.
Solved! Go to Solution.
02-26-2017 11:48 PM
This is what helped for me and my HP Pavilion X2 model 12-b104nc (I spent couple of days to find solution without any success, so I tried myself):
Get to Device Manager and delete following (with driver removal if applicable):
Standard device HID / Device I2C HID (all of them)
System devices / Intel® Virtual Buttons
System devices / Intel® Integrated Sensor Solution
Software devices / Lightweight Sensors Root Enumerator
Sensors / All items there
And do Windows reset
Hope it will help.