12-30-2019 03:39 AM - edited 12-30-2019 03:39 AM
Hello I have a problem with my keyboard of my pc everything works normally then the keyboard no longer works except the keys from f1 to f12 I have to restart my pc continuously Do you have a solution ?
Win 10 pro 64bit
01-01-2020 11:27 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community!
I reviewed your post and I understand that you are facing issues with the keyboard on your computer.
Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.
I recommend you uninstall the keyboard driver from the device manager and then restart the computer and check whether the issue is resolved.
Here is how it is done.
- Type "Device Manager" into the search field to open the device manager console.
- Expand the node that represents the type of device that you want to uninstall, right-click the device entry, and click Uninstall.
- On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click OK to start the uninstall process.
- When the uninstall process is complete, remove the device.
NOTE: On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click the Delete the driver software for this device option to delete the driver package that was used for the device.
Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!
If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!
I am an HP Employee
01-04-2020 11:07 AM
Try updating the BIOS from this Link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers
Also run a Keyboard Test to confirm the Hardware Functionality
- Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the Notebook.
- Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second.
- When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
- On the main menu, click Component Tests and Keyboard
I Am An HP Employee
01-18-2020 11:50 PM
ok i tried reinstalled the bios drivers keyboard test ok but i still have the problem I also tested the keyboard with uefi via windows with the problem only the keys from f1 to f12 ok I always have to restart the pc I looked to change the keyboard but eet does more and used 120E
01-19-2020 09:44 AM
Please back-up the data and then try re-installing the operating system -
1. Shutdown the computer.
2. Turn the computer back on again and repeatedly tap on the ESC until a Startup menu appears.
3. Press F11 once for System Recovery.
4. Choose the Keyboard Layout.
5. Click on Troubleshoot.
6. Go to Recovery Manager and click on System Recovery.
Note : Back-up all your data as System Recovery will delete everything that you had saved or installed on the computer.
Let me know.
I am an HP Employee
02-08-2020 01:26 AM
i understand that you say
i think it is a problme with a bad soft that i installing in my pc
so the keyboard shut down if i go on certanly operation that traductor certenly link of firefox and hp support
so my eset antivurus doesnt detect anythink
i wait other reponse of my other post in the forum for reinstaling system
sorry for the texte i dont use traductor my keyboard shut down at the moment if i use traductor
02-10-2020 12:00 AM
so, as long as I have not solved this problem I could not do anything because I would plan to upgrade my hdd by an ssd