Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion x360 Convertible 14m-ba1xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I recently purchased this laptop; HP Pavillion x360 Convertible 14m-ba1xx.  I am trying to connect an external display (HP Elite Display E231i) which I also use with my work HP laptop without issue.  I have tried two ways; first using a Targus USB-C Display adapter to connect the monitors VGA cable,  the second using HDMI.  I get the same error in both cases; "Display connection might be limited".  The canned support solutions are not helpful.  Does anyone have any ideas on how to resolve this?  

Thanks.  

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Morpheus99

Welcome to HP Support Forums. A really great platform for posting all your questions and finding solutions.

I understand that you are getting a message "Display connection might be limited" when you try connecting your HP Elite Display E231 to your Notebook

I'll try my best to help

As per the Specification the monitor supports a resolution of 1920 x 1080 60 Ghz

Please check the resolution, change it to 1920 x 1080 60 Ghz and let me know if that works

Keep me posted

Thank you 🙂

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" 

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.