01-17-2020 11:53 AM
I am constantly getting the above message. Can someone explain what this message means and how i turn it off.
01-20-2020 11:15 AM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
- Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
- Have you made any hardware/software changes?
- Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?
- What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824
Keep me posted for further assistance.
I am an HP Employee
01-20-2020 11:44 AM
Thanks for responding.
I can't specifically sat this issue started after an update but the issue did start well after multiple updates occurred over months.
I've made no hardware or software upgrades other than the normal updates published and made available by microsoft.
I have tried the standard Microsoft and HP troubleshooting apps with no success.
Here is the product number.HP Spectre x360 Convertible 15-ch0xx
Any help you can provide me is most appreciated.
01-21-2020 07:50 AM
Thank you for posting back.
I have a few more troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:
- Have you tried resetting the colour management to default?
- Have you made any changes to the display colour management?
While you respond to that, let's try these steps:
Firstly, let's perform the Hard Reset: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8. (do not skip any troubleshooting steps even if you feel steps are repeating)
- Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
- Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
- On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
- Press F10 to Save and Exit.
- Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
- Follow the prompts to restart your computer. If the issue persists, follow the next steps.
Perform Windows Update and HP Support Assistant: ( do not skip any troubleshooting steps if you feel steps are repeating )
To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.
Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.
- To open the HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon .
- Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
- Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
- Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
- Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
- Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.
And, also run BIOS Update: Follow steps from the link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00042629
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee