Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
hp 15 notebook pc
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi there this has been happening all week so here go's,soon as i power up the notebook it boots up for 15-20 seconds then the screen goes blank however if i unplug the power cord the screen comes on but soon as i plug the cord back in it still goes blank screen again but if i force a shutdown then everything works again but this happens everytime i unplug the ac adapter to go out with it and the ac adapter is working fine so i think its a internal problem in the notebook,the notebook is still under warranty, any help on this would mean alot thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Open Settings and select System.  Select Power and sleep, then click on Additional power settings - in the following window, click on 'Choose what the power button does' in the left hand pane.

In the subsequent window, first click on 'Change settings that are currently unavailable' ( near the top of the Window ) and then remove the checkmark from the box against 'Turn on fast start-up (recommended)'.  Click the Save Settings button, then close any open windows and restart the notebook.

Download the Intel HD graphics software package on the following link and save it to your Downloads folder.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp72001-72500/sp72370.exe

When done, download and reinstall the Chipset driver on the link below.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp69501-70000/sp69575.exe

When the chipset reinstallation has completed, do not restart as prompted, instead open your Downloads folder, right click the Intel HD graphics installer and select 'Run as Administrator' to start the installation.

When this has completed, restart the notebook.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi,

If your 15 series notebook has an Intel processor, try the following.

Shutdown the notebook, unplug the AC Adapter ( leave it unplugged for now ) and then start the notebook.

Open Settings and select System.  Select Power and sleep, then click on Additional power settings - in the following window, click on 'Choose what the power button does' in the left hand pane.

In the subsequent window, first click on 'Change settings that are currently unavailable' ( near the top of the Window ) and then remove the checkmark from the box against 'Turn on fast start-up (recommended)'.  Click the Save Settings button, then close any open windows and restart the notebook.

When windows has reloaded, download the IMEI driver directly from Intel on the following link, unzip the package and run the installer.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26127/Intel-Management-Engine-Consumer-Driver-for-Intel-NU...

When the installation has completed, right click the battery icon in the Taskbar and select Power Options.  Click on Change plan settings next to your selected power plan and in the following window, click on Change advanced power settings.  In the Advanced settings window, click the 'Restore plan defaults' button then click Apply and Ok to save any changes.

When done, Shutdown the notebook.

Remove the battery.  Hold down the Power button for 30 seconds.  Re-insert the battery and plug in the AC Adapter.

Tap away at the esc key as you start the notebook to launch the Start-up Menu and then select f10 to enter the bios menu.  Press f9 to load the defaults ( this is sometimes f5, but the menu at the bottom will show the correct key ), use the arrow keys to select 'Yes' and hit enter.  Press f10 to save the setting and again use the arrow keys to select 'Yes' and hit enter.

When the machine has reloaded, let windows load for a couple of minutes and then shutdown.

Plug in the AC Adapter and check if the machine will now boot correctly with the adapter connected.

If it does, try re-enabling Fast Start-up and check it it still boots Ok with the adapter plugged in.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

hi david i downloaded the link and ran it but setup has said platform is not supported ??? i dont know if it's cause im on windows 10 but im still stuck.

regards

daz

HP Recommended

Hi,

Does your notebook have an Intel processor?

Can you post back with the full Model No. and Product No. of your 15 series notebook - you can usually get this by holding down the fn key and pressing esc, otherwise see Here for a guide on locating this information.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

yeah sure mate its 

m/n: 15-r101na

p/n: K1W67EA#ABU

hope that helps.

regards

daz

HP Recommended

Hi,

Download the Intel HD graphics software package on the following link and save it to your Downloads folder.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp72001-72500/sp72370.exe

When done, download and reinstall the Chipset driver on the link below.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp69501-70000/sp69575.exe

When the chipset reinstallation has completed, do not restart as prompted, instead open your Downloads folder, right click the Intel HD graphics installer and select 'Run as Administrator' to start the installation.

When this has completed, restart the notebook.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

thank you mate everything is working fine now thanks to you 

HP Recommended

Hi,

You're welcome and good to hear it's Ok :generic:

All the best,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.